1. Protect and also Weatherproof! The most effective COOLING AND HEATING system in the world could not offset a poorly protected house. Drafty windows and door seals and under-insulated attics as well as outside wall surfaces could create your HVAC to work double-time attempting to maintain.
2. Not all home heating, air flow and also cooling (HVAC) equipment is equal. As much as half of the energy used in your home goes to cooling and heating. So making wise decisions regarding your home's HEATING AND COOLING system can have a big effect on your utility costs-- and also your convenience.
3. Heating and air conditioning prices make up almost half the house's total energy costs. If your central air conditioning device is greater than Ten Years old, replacing it with an ENERGY STAR ® certified, high-efficiency model can reduce your cooling costs by 30 percent.
4. ENERGY STAR certified central air conditioning conditioners have a greater seasonal energy efficiency proportion (SEER) compared to conventional models, which makes them concerning 14% a lot more efficient compared to common designs. The greater the SEER, the higher the efficiency. Since sizing and also proper installment of an air conditioning system are vital to energy performance and residence comfort, it is important to work with a qualified professional.
5. Heat pumps that get the Smart Energy Savers Program have a higher seasonal power efficiency proportion (SEER) and home heating seasonal efficiency element (HSPF) compared to basic versions, which makes them regarding 8% percent extra efficient compared to conventional new designs and 20% much more reliable than exactly what you might currently have in your home.
6. Natural gas heaters qualifying for refunds have yearly fuel application performance (AFUE) rankings of 92%, or higher, making them as much as 15% a lot more reliable compared to basic designs. One in 4 heaters in UNITED STATE homes today is more than 20 years old. Qualifying natural gas heating systems utilize innovative modern technology to supply higher efficiency than basic new furnaces offered today.
7. click here High-efficiency cooling and heating devices received the BGE refund satisfy or surpass the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency's ENERGY STAR ® requirements for product efficiency.
8. When is it time to change your main heating and air conditioning system?
When your devices needs constant repair services as well as your energy bills are raising.
When your heatpump or ac unit is greater than Ten Years old. Consider changing it with a newer, more power effective tools that satisfies the Smart Energy Savers Program rebate performance levels
When your furnace is greater than 15 years old. Take into consideration replacing it with a more recent, much more energy-efficient furnace that satisfies the Smart Energy Savers Program rebate effectiveness levels.
9. Although these items can be more costly to purchase in advance, the cost difference will certainly be paid back with time through reduced energy expenses. Make certain to ask your professional concerning Smart Energy Savers Program Heating & Cooling Discounts which can substantially help reduce the difference in rate between conventional and also high-efficiency products.
10. Appropriate upkeep could go a long way in avoiding future heating and air conditioning system problems. Ask your professional regarding yearly pre-season check-ups. Professionals commonly obtain very busy during summertime and also cold weather, so it's a good idea to check the cooling system in the spring as well as the furnace in the loss.